As time passes by, more and more cosmetic services are being offered to the market. One of the latest trends these days is face filler injections. There are plenty of face fillers available that can cater to each patient’s personal requests and needs. But are you aware that dental clinics and dentists are also qualified to inject facial cosmetic injections known as dermal fillers? A clinic near Chatswood offers various services to choose from.
Benefits Of Face Fillers
As we grow old, our skin becomes more prone to sagging and wrinkles. Being exposed to the sun over the years can damage our skin caused by tissue breakdown. Facial filler injections can give a temporary and long-lasting solution to this dilemma. It is composed of products that rejuvenate the skin, it can also eliminate wrinkles, facial scars, and signs of aging.
Facial fillers can volumize creases and focuses on facial areas that have lost plenty of fats and collagen due to old age.
Dermal fillers can be used to enhance the appearance of a high lip line, asymmetrical lips, and lip augmentation. This procedure is often offered in dental clinics and well-trained dentists can very much inject dermal fillers.
Facial fillers require very minimal downtime, this means that you could go back to your regular daily life as soon as the swelling has subsided. All dermal fillers are made of ingredients that safe for our bodies, negative results and unpleasant outcome barely happens.
For people who are experiencing lower self-esteem due to having unhealthy looking facial skin, dermal fillers can help in boosting your self-confidence. This procedure offers instant results in a subtle way. Your colleagues will not even notice that you have undergone through dermal filler injections.
What Are Face Fillers Made Of
Face fillers can be made of different materials such as collagen, hyaluronic acid, and calcium hydroxylapatite. Each type of face fillers serves its own purpose, some are used for wrinkle reduction and others are designed for lip enhancement. Our body has natural hyaluronic acid, but as we age, the face starts to shrink and look aged. Hyaluronic acid is then injected to replace the lost volume of the face and make it look younger.
Before considering getting face filler, always do your research and make sure that the products that will be used in your face are all FDA approved.
Here’s a list of fillers that are FDA approved:
- Juvederm facial filler. This filler is composed of a hyaluronic acid gel that enhances facial volume and hydration. Juvederm is one of the most used face fillers nowadays but it only serves a temporary effect on wrinkles.
- Radiesse. This is an injectable filler used to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folded areas in the face. The effects of this product can be seen for up to two years.
- Restylane Facial filler. This is a biodegradable gel made of hyaluronic acid. Restylane is a dermal filler that adds on volume to the thinned part of the skin; it smoothens the facial folds and wrinkles near the eyes and mouth region.
- Sculptra. An injectable dermal filler containing poly-L-Lactic acid, a synthetic substance that helps in the production of natural collagen in the body. Sculptra is used to treat deep facial lines and creases.
- Captique. This is one of the newest dermal fillers in the market. Captique is a hyaluronic acid-based filler. Captique is injected just underneath the skin to refreshen the volumeless face.
- Hylaform. This gel filler is made out of chemically modified highly purified hyaluronic acid. It’s injected into the skin to replenish severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Collagen. This is a dermal filler fabricated from purified cow skin. It’s commonly used to treat scars on the face, wrinkles, and lines. Collagen supplements have a lot of benefits for the body. Aside from improving skin health, it also increases muscle mass and relieves joint pain.
Remember that products that are not FDA approved can cause serious irreversible damage to your face. Always ask a trusted surgeon or expert clinician before proceeding to face filler injections.
Dermal Fillers And Side Effects
One session of injecting a dermal filler could last for 10 to 20 minutes, it varies according to the treatment. All dermal fillers have side effects and may cause complications if not injected correctly and if the cosmetic professional is not aware of the patient’s allergies. Some of the most common side effects of dermal fillers are; bruising at the treated area, numbness, short-term redness, swelling, pain, and discoloration.
Dermal fillers require very minimal downtime, the patient can immediately go back to their daily routine in no time. A 1 day rest after the procedure while avoiding the sun or extreme heat will be instructed to help the face heal as fast as it can.
How Long Do Fillers Last?
All face filler injections are meant as temporary solutions to wrinkles and facial sagging. Generally speaking, most fillers could last for months to a year while others could last for up to 2 years depending on the type of filler used in the face. Clinics encourage extra treatments like time to time touch-ups and additional sessions to achieve optimal and prime results.
Other factors can also affect the longevity of the filler, where the filler was injected and the amount of dermal filler used in the face has a great impact on its results. Your body’s reaction to the filler is also something to consider, some people can metabolize the injected minerals faster than the others.
You will notice that after a few months, the volume of your face will start to decrease, this is because the fillers are slowly degrading. If this happens, consult your doctor if a touch up is needed.
In rare cases, some side effects like having fever and discolored blotches on untreated areas occur, in some instances, patients also feel extreme pain and swelling in the treated area. If these things happen to you, contact your physician right away.
Dermal Filler Before And After Care
The result of the procedure will not always depend on the doctor and fillers. How you care for your skin before and after the treatment will have a huge role in achieving the outcome that you desire.
Before the session, you must;
- A week before the scheduled session, do not take any aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Do not consume any supplements such as ginkgo Biloba, garlic, ginseng, and vitamin E.
- 2 days before the session, avoid products like tretinoin, retinol, glycolic acid, and all anti-aging products.
- Avoid bleaching, waxing, tweezing, and using hair removal creams.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 1 day before the session.
- Inform the c0smetic professional about your allergies and skin conditions.
- Arrive at the clinic with a clean face, no makeup, toners, sunblock, or anything else.
Here are the few things that you must do after the session:
- Avoid touching the treated facial area for at least 3 to 4 hours after the session. You may gently wash your face with soap and water afterward.
- Prevent yourself from exposure to extreme heat or extreme cold. This is only until the redness and swelling have substantially faded.
- Aspirins and any similar medications can increase the severity of bruising and bleeding in the treated area. If you are a regular user of this product, try to find an alternative in the meantime.
- Try to avoid alcohol and doing physical activities for the next 12 hours, stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- To avoid too much swelling, you may gently apply an ice pack on the treated area for 10 minutes every 1 hour. Do not put too much pressure.
Treatments like face filler injections are mainly designed to help people build up their self-confidence. You can get these services either in a beauty clinic or a dentist trained in cosmetic dentistry injectables. Fillers provide a solution to make the individual feel and look youthful giving them a greater sense of self-love and self-care. If you are happy with how you look on the outside, it will always reflect on your outlook and attitude towards a happier life.