There was a time when breast augmentation recovery used to be a long and tedious task, taking a good amount of a patient’s time and attention for the recovery purposes. So the real deal is, what to expect after breast augmentation in 2018?
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgery that is done for aesthetic purposes. There are many reasons why women undergo breast augmentation surgery.
Nowadays, recovery from breast augmentation isn’t such a big deal; it’s just a matter of around 2 days. After 48 hours, the patients are in a position to do their day to day activities. However, postoperative instructions are to be followed as given by the surgeon in charge. You’ll be prohibited from doing any strenuous work for a few weeks after undergoing the breast augmentation surgery.
Some of the recommended healing guidelines that can help you recover faster are pinned below:
- Take your prescriptions regularly as assigned by your doctor.
- Make use of ice packs and wear loosely fitted clothes in order to reduce swelling and pain.
- Avoid doing any physically demanding activity until permanent recovery is achieved.
- Keep the incision areas clean by regularly washing them as per the instructions.
- Wear supporting garments as advised by the doctor.
- Sleep in an upright position for several weeks to avoid dragging the healing symptoms too far.
The recovery period and postoperative instructions may vary from patient to patient, so it is advised to prefer to follow the instructions by your personal surgeon. Such as, some surgeons tell their patients to clean the stitches regularly, while some specialists advise their patients not to take off the tape over the stitches until they heal. You should prepare your mind for a few challenging weeks ahead before going for this surgery and get all the upcoming work schedules off your desk. That way, you will have ample time for the recovery and we’re sure that the results after the surgery will be a blast of joy for you.